Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Gift From the Children




An Inkling
Do any of you ever take yourselves and your problems too seriously?  I know I do.  Sometimes the Lord delivers me from my messiah complex by puncturing my pomposity.  He’s never at a lack for the means to do so.  And it can be pretty painful.
But sometimes his deliverance from self-importance comes gently.  And it seems that children are one of his favorite means for doing so. 
One bonus of working at St. Giles is that I get to see the preschool children here and there during the day.  Their knack for childlike simplicity and joy serves to remind us that God would give the same to us as his children.  Check out the attached video snippet from a few days ago when Melanie and Mhilet brought their class by the office to sing.
What a gift!  It’s part of what Jesus meant when he said “whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child shall never enter it.”
Thanks kids!
Keith