Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Love Letters


An Inkling
It’s not often that any part of my preaching comes back by popular demand.  Once is usually more than enough!  But I’ve had a number of requests for a copy of my love letter to Sarah that I read a couple of weeks ago as an illustration.  So I’ve copied it below.
Apparently lots of people need help in the romance department – especially us guys.  So guys, feel free to use this as a model for your own love letters.  No credit need be given.  But I must warn you – the passions it stirs in your beloved may be more than you bargained for.
And if you need any further pointers on love letters or romance in general, give me a call.
With love,
Keith
**********************************
Dear Ms Hill: 
This correspondence is to notify you that I continue hold you in high regard.  Your virtues, when put in ratio to your vices, continue to rate positively.   Anecdotal evidence gathered from your peers and associates verifies that you are indeed worthy of continued fondness.  That conclusion is corroborated by my own experience.  Please count this as your official notification of affection for 2010. 
Copies of this correspondence have been placed in your file, and you now have the certified copy yourself, as demonstrated by the notary seal. 
Cordially yours,
Phillip Keith Hill