Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Your Investment Counselor


An Inkling
Ever heard it?  Ever said it?  “Gosh, if only I’d invested a couple hundred bucks in Apple stock in 2000…”  “If only I’d bought just a corner of a field in 1980 out west of Richmond in Short Pump, I could retire now…”  “If only someone with an eye for how values would change had told me where to invest…”
Such investment regrets come with the retrospect of changed value:  i.e., that which was of very limited value is suddenly very valuable.  Or, more exactly, that which seemed limited in value was in fact just hidden in value.
Might the day come when we look back on our lives and say, “If only I’d invested in…”?  It surely will.  But actually that day will have no regret, which like the other heartaches of a broken world will have been swept away in the Savior’s triumph.  But that day will suddenly clarify what’s truly valuable.  And if the words of Jesus are any indication, it won’t be what seems so valuable now – Apple stock, Short Pump real estate, etc.
“If only someone with an eye for how values would change had told me where to invest…”  Actually, he has.  Are you buying?
What a deal!
Keith